12.14.2008

...or i'm psychic?

The Blizzard gods have answered my prayers!

In yesterday's post, I off-handedly mentioned how I would love to have my very own pack mule to carry around my bank items. Well...according to a recent mmo-champion post, this is actually something that will be implemented in an upcoming patch:

Pack Mule ?
  • Pack Mule -- Summons a pack mule, giving you access to any bank items for 3 min. The mule may only be summoned once.
  • Summon Faithful Mule -- Summons your faithful pack mule, giving you access to any bank items for 3 min.

This is awesome news! I wonder how people will be able to acquire these, though. Rep rewards? Or something really uber-expensive? There isn't anything much else in that post to explain it, so I guess we'll just have to find out.

There was something else in the upcoming patch notes that caught my eye, though. First, the good:

Priest

Yay, minor woot? Sadly, the Blizzard gods are as fickle as they are generous. They will just as soon smite you as shower you with blessings, I soon found out:
  • Glyph of Dispel Magic -- Your Dispel Magic spell also heals your target for 3% of maximum health. (Down from 6%)
Oh, LAME. Well, I guess that's not so bad.
...Wait, what?
6 second cooldown

6 second cooldown?!

Major freaking QQ!

So I guess Blizz doesn't want us to rely too much on this spell. I won't know for sure how much of an impact this'll make until I hit 80 and start venturing into Naxxramas. However, it may not seem like a long time, but when everyone in your group is taking big hits six seconds can seem like an eternity.

I can't say I don't appreciate a challenge, but still: damn you, Blizz, for making me work harder! (I kid! But only a little, because I'm still QQ-ing.)

More on the recently released patch notes later.

1 comment:

Gravesong said...

I think the reason they're changing CoH to a six seconds cd is to prevent face-related WoW injuries. Recent reports say injured raiders had been binding ALL their keys to CoH and rolling their faces violently against the keyboard, experiencing great successes. More at 11?